About Us


Located approximately 35 miles north of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri, Weaver's Country Market, Inc. is located in the village of Excelsior nine miles northeast of Versailles.

Weaver's Country Market had its beginning in November 1972 when Eli and Anna Weaver, together with their family, relocated from Eastern Pennsylvania to Central Missouri.

The building purchased in Excelsior was originally part of a hotel building that had been located at a coal pit three miles east of the store's present location. The original part of the building with its weathered hardwood floor is still in use today. Since its small beginning in 1972, the building at 580 square feet has increased through additions and remodeling to over 8000 square feet. Weaver's Country Market recently marked its 50th year in business (November 2022).

From a bustling little town that included three general stores, two churches, two grist mills, two blacksmiths, a doctor's office, and various homes and businesses, Excelsior began to decline around 1925 when the automobile became more widely used. This decline continued until 1970 when Mennonites began to move into the area. This was largely due to farm land that was available in the community at a reasonable cost. As more and more people moved into the area, the decline began to reverse.

Many small businesses began to spring up in the area. Today there are over 100 merchant and service businesses located in a ten mile radius of Weaver's Country Market. More than 1000 families of various groups of Mennonites now live in the area.

Businesses in the community include fabric and quilt shops, bulk food stores, bicycle shops, seed stores, butcher shops, a book store, sawmills, greenhouses, a clock shop, furniture stores, a tool shop, small engine repair, and more. So come out and visit Weaver's Country Market and the other stores in this rural community. You may see one room schools, many small farms, and perhaps a horse and buggy, as well as numerous home-based shops.