- Active Dry Yeast
- Keep Package Tightly Closed And Store Under Refrigeration at 45F
Keep Refrigerated To Prolong Freshness.
Active Dry Yeast can be added directly to dry ingredients:
- Use liquid temperatures of 120F-130F.
- Yeast activity may decrease if it comes into direct contact with salt or sugar.
Active Dry Yeast can be dissolved in liquids before using:
- Rehydrating Dry Yeast before using gives it a good start the yeast feeds on the sugar allowing it to become very active and ready to work in your dough.
- Water is recommended for dissolving yeast.
- Dissolve 1 tsp sugar in 1/2 cup 110F-115F water.
Stir in yeast until completely dissolved.
- Let mixture stand until yeast begins to foam vigorously (5 10 minutes).
- Add mixture to remaining ingredients.
- Remember to decrease the total liquids in your recipe by 1/2 cup to adjust for the liquid used to dissolve the yeast.
BREAD MACHINE BAKING
- In bread machine baking, liquids should be used at 80F.
- For regular cycle bread machines use 3/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast for each cup of flour in your recipe.
- Active Dry Yeast is not recommended for use in one-hour or express bread machine cycles.